So I've arrived, I've settled in, and I'm so happy to be back. This last month I've been so anxious about coming back - being here for a year, feeling silly for coming back to Argentina for another year when there are so many other places in the world I should be getting to know and opening my eyes to, worried about being sad in the dreary winter weather, and not feeling ready to go back to school - but after my restful and relaxing month in North Carolina, with lots of fun in the sun, I am stoked to be here.
I'm living three blocks from where I lived last summer, so I know the neighborhood (San Telmo) in and out and my apartment is nice and cozy. The funny thing though, is that I'm living at 702 Estados Unidos. Yes, I left the United States to live on United States. The irony is palpable. Anywho, enjoy some photos!!

So as you first walk in, the teeny tiny little kitchen is to your right. Not made for people who like to cook (there is a dorm-style-sized fridge without a freezer and absolutely no drawers) but it's got everything you really need to make tea, coffee and heat up leftovers (yum yum). Through that thing that looks like a window (but is really a door) you can walk out onto the balcony and see....

this view! So you can get to the balcony through the kitchen door and also from the living room through the sliding doors seen there on the left. The balcony though is divided in two by a little storage area right outside the kitchen door (the thing in the foreground with the plants on top). Okay back through the kitchen,

to the main room! the living room/dining room/general room that is the room of all things not the bedroom when you have a tiny apartment. So this is the photo of the leftside - the couch area (yes that is the Vassar alum mag on the table... maybe I'm going through separation anxiety).

another photo just for fun, and to get the plant in there, before we turn to the right and get the "dining room" and tv.

Side note: you see those frames on the wall on the left? Well there are four of them along that wall and they are all photos of orchids, however, 3 of them were upside-down. I fixed them in honor of my grandpa, who I think may have gotten a good surprised giggle out of it.

the table for eating which has become more of a desk than an eating spot. Walking through the "big" room into the bedroom we get to the...

the bathroom right to the right. I don't know why I feel I should show you a photo of the bathroom. But it has a door, so it feels like a decent percentage of the house. And finally

the bedroom complete with Louis the bear from the dollar store (courtesy of Ashley Rey's experiment) and my baby blanket.

and a window! tah-dah! the end. I hope you enjoyed your tour, please come again soon! I hope to post funny anecdotes from the city frequently.
For example, another apartment quirk - because the apartment was recently re-painted (and has been painted over and over again throughout its history (which is very long - san telmo is the oldest neighborhood in the city)) none and i mean NONE of the doors or cupboards close because of the layers of paint. Not the bathroom door, not the bedroom door, not the closet door in the entryway, not the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, not the three doors to storage in the bathroom, etc. etc. The front door though, thankfully, has never been painted. it is still wood colored and closes perfectly. If I only get one door that closes, I'm glad it's that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment