So its Christmas Eve and Im back in California for two weeks -- the 16th to the 29th. Things are pretty much unchanged in Sacramento. Christmas Eve with the whole family will be largely unchanged, still having strawberry daiquiris and shrimp dip, a bible story and christmas presents, followed by all the standard eats.
Suburbia has only gotten bigger. more cookie cutter housing complexes and more cookie cutter shopping centers. And so many cars. I miss the city, I miss walking. But its okay for a few weeks I guess. Thankfully I flew into San Francisco before returning to suburbia, and had to take the BART halfway home, and was then reminded that there are cities where I could still live in this country without going slowly stir-crazy.
But this is the first time I have been back that Ive not wanted to stratch away at the inside of my skull, so thats a good sign..the convenience and lack of tramites here is well, nice and refreshing.
After Christmas its back to BsAs and then a month of vacation which will hopefully be spent in BRASIL. If I get my act and visa together..
ok, besotes and Happy Holidays
No comments:
Post a Comment